Some people may think that Dubai, the city of high-end living, is all about spending money with no way to save money. That’s not true! A job offer in Dubai may make you wonder about the cost of living there. This post can learn more about how much it costs to live in Dubai.
Cost of living in Dubai
To calculate how much it expenses to live in Dubai, you need to divide the average expenses by every month’s most significant expenses. To help you calculate how much it will cost to live in Dubai, here is a list of everything you need to live:
When you look at the average cost of living in Dubai, housing is one of the most important things. Dubai has a wide range of housing options that range in price based on the area, size, building or compound utilities, and extra services. Dubai’s rent range per month:
- Apartment with one bedroom in the city center: 3,500 AED – 7,500 AED
- Apartment with one bedroom outside of the center: 2,300 AED – 5,000 AED
- 3 bedroom flat in the heart of the city: 7,000 AED – 15,000 AED
- The apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of the Center: 5,000 AED to 11,000 AED.
People in Dubai pay a lot for food.
When you figure out how much it costs to live in Dubai or any other country you’re moving to, you need to think about how much it costs to buy food. In Dubai, there are a lot of supermarket options. You can shop at local supermarkets and grocery stores to get the best prices and deals or import products from the US and Europe from high-end supermarkets. Here is a list of some of the most important things you need to buy food in Dubai.
- 5.89 AED for 1 liter of normal milk
- 4.52 AED for a 500g loaf of fresh white bread
- 6.89 AED per kilogram of white rice
- 9.52 AED (12 normal eggs)
- 33.81 AED for 1 kilogram of local cheese
- 23.33 AED per kilo of chicken fillets
- 39.46 AED for 1 kilogram of beef round (or equivalent back leg red meat)
- 8.11 AED for 1 kilogram of apples
- 6.09 AED for a 1kg banana
- 5.99 AED for 1-kilogram oranges
- 4.90 AED for 1 kilogram tomato
- 3.63 AED per kilogram of potato
- 3.04 AED for 1kg onion
- 6.43 AED for one head of lettuce
- 2.02 AED for 1.5 liters of water
- 22.00 AED for a pack of 20 Marlboro cigarettes.
The cost of transportation and gasoline in Dubai
Because Dubai has one of the best public transportation systems globally, getting around isn’t a big deal. There are public transportation apps in Dubai that people can use to get around. People can use the Metro, Tram, Public Buses, and Taxis. Cost of transportation and fuel: How much does it all cost? Have a look at how much it costs to get around Dubai:
- 5.00 AED for a one-way ticket on local transport
- 300.00 AED (Monthly Pass)
- 12.00 AED Taxi Start (Regular Tariff)
- 2.48 AED for a one-kilometer taxi ride (Normal Tariff)
- 30.00 AED for 1 hour of taxi waiting (Normal Tariff)
- 2.46 AED per liter of gasoline
Cost of Utilities in Dubai
Dubai has electricity and water, transferable credit, and the internet as some of its utilities. Because of the high salaries in Dubai, the costs of utilities are a little more than in other countries. In Dubai, utility costs are as follows:
- An 85-square-foot apartment needs basic things like electricity, heating, air conditioning, water, garbage, etc. 500 AED up to 1,200 AED.
- Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans): 0.30 AED – 0.77 AED for 1 minute of use
There is a range of prices for internet service with 60 Mbps or more, unlimited data, and cable or ADSL: 250 AED to 450 AED.
The cost of health care in Dubai
In Dubai, health insurance is required, and when a worker gets a work visa, the company must cover them. Sponsors have to get insurance for their resident children. Most of the businesses in Dubai offer health insurance for their employees and their families. If not, the cost of health insurance in Dubai can start at 1000 AED.
The cost of school in Dubai
There are various types of education in the United Arab Emirates in Dubai, so it’s possible to find a school with low tuition fees.
- It costs 1000 AED to 4000 AED a month to send your child to preschool (or kindergarten) for a full day in a private setting.
- 25,000 AED to 75,000 AED a year for one child to go to an international primary school in Dubai.
Dubai Restaurant Prices
There is a wide range of restaurants in Dubai, from cheap fast food places to the most expensive restaurants in Dubai. It will sound like this:
- Meal: 20 AED – 75 AED at a cheap restaurant
- A three-course meal for the couple at a mid-range restaurant costs between 150 AED and 550 AED.
- At McDonald’s, you can get a McMeal for 25 AED to 32 AED.
- 10 AED to 30 AED for the “regular” cappuccino
Dubai’s cost of entertainment
Even though your goal is to save money in Dubai, you must keep some money for fun. You can go to many free things in Dubai, like parks, beaches, malls, and historic places. In Dubai, a movie ticket costs 45 AED, and gym fees for one adult range from 125 AED to 500 AED per month.
Save money in Dubai
It’s possible to save money in Dubai. It doesn’t issue how much your salary is based on UAE Salaries. Is it true? You can do this by using the best ways to cut costs and increase your investable income. Saving is all about what you do with your money and how you figure out how much money you can spend to support your own financial goals. This means you can put your child in one of the most expensive schools in Dubai or choose an inexpensive one to save money. All of these options are available in Dubai.